Us stoners love the smell of weed, but we don’t necessarily wan’t ourselves, our car, or bedroom smelling like weed when we have company over. The smell of weed in your car is enough for a cop to search in a lot of states. It doesn’t matter what your reason is, if you need to know how to not smell like weed, then you’ve come to the right place.
1. Ventilate! DO NOT HOT BOX
Do not hotbox unless you want your whole car or room to smell like a dispensary! If you need to smoke inside here is some tips on how to ventilate properly.
- You will want to open windows in your house to get fresh air circulating. Windows are your best friend for getting the smell out
- Put a portable fan on the window sill with the window open, this will get the weed smelling air out quicker and allow for fresher air to come in through the other windows.
- Turn on the fan above the stove! These will take away the smoke and circulate fresh air. Turn on the ceiling fan while smoking, this will allow the air to circulate out your windows easier.
2. Change your clothes and take a shower
This works great but its not good on the go. Best method for how to not smell like weed. Bonus if you brush your teeth. This method will make you all fresh again and take away the smell of weed, toss those smelly clothes in the laundry hamper.
3. Air freshener, cologne, or perfume
This might not fully get rid of the smell but it will surely mask it. I wouldn’t use the same spray after every time you smoke because sooner or later people are going to start to catch on.
4. Have a pack of minty gum ready
Most of the smell comes from where the smoke has made contact with. Most of that is your breath, you will notice a lot of the smell gone if you are smoking outside and chew a gum right after.
5. Get a smell proof stash case for your buds
A lot of the smell could simply be coming from the weed you have on you. Make sure you have a smell proof stash case or bag if you are trying to mask the smell of weed. You can check out our article on Smell Proof Stash Cases to find the best case or bag for you.
6. Use a sploof
A sploof is essentially stuffing dryer sheets inside of a toilet paper roll or paper towel roll. This will make all the smoke coming out smell like them, but be careful, there will still be smoke and it will still have a tiny tint of weed smell to it.
7. Go chill outside for a few minutes or take a walk
This itself will help a lot. It take a bit longer but this a natural way of how to not smell like weed.
8. Don’t smoke blunts or joints
Blunts and joints give off a lot of smoke and have a strong weed odor that come with them. If you want to know how to not smell like weed then stay away from these.